Monday, August 11, 2014
I think everybody I know has some "organizational issues" when it comes to your garage. Many, like me, use the garage as a storage space and rarely park your vehicles inside. But there comes a day when you decide you must get the mess under control. This short video will give you a starting point to begin the process of regaining your garage for it's original purpose.
Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Are you planning on putting your home up for sale? The current market in Orange County California and especially Rancho Santa Margarita, is red hot! Properties are literally flying off the shelf (as if they could fly!) because of continued low interest rates and a critically low inventory level. Most for sale listings I have visited in the past few weeks are getting multiple offers (many that are over asking price) and are opening escrow just after a few days on market.
I am also seeing open houses with 75-100 visits (groups/families...not individuals) on a Saturday AND Sunday. And the agent is asking for all offers to be submitted by the following Monday! This "perfect storm" of supply, demand and interest rates is a wonderful opportunity for sellers to get their home on the market and get it sold quickly.
10 Things To Do Before You Sell Your Home In Rancho Santa Margarita:
- Start De-cluttering rooms. Pack up personal belongings and family photos. Remove extra furniture so that rooms will appear spacious. Neatness makes a room look bigger. Remove jewelry, collectables, art work, firearms and other valuables now before the parade of visitors begins. Get these items stored safely or perhaps in a safe-deposit box or storage unit. You could also hit up a trusted relative or friend for temporary storage.
- Kitchen Clean Up. Do whatever possible to make your kitchen sparkle. Many buyers judge the entire home viewing experience by what they see in the kitchen. Fresh paint or even just the trim will help. Clean appliances so they are spotless including stove, oven, inside of microwave, sink and faucets. Don't forget the hood vent...these can be greasy and retain cooking odors. BTW, don't leave food, dirty dishes, pots and pans out on showing days. Be alert to cooking odors on those days as well.
- Bathrooms - Thoroughly clean mirrors, counters, sinks, toilet bowls, etc. Check with a porcelain repair service if items are chipped. Put out fresh/new towels and remove trash cans and laundry hampers. Replace dim lights with higher wattage bulbs that all match.
- Walls - Patch and repaint cracks and holes in drywall. If you remove photos, art work or wall mounted TVs, fix the holes ASAP.
- Windows and Doors - Make sure all windows slide or crank open easily. Same for doors...get out the 3-In-1 oil and eliminate squeaking hinges. Wash all windows inside and out so they sparkle.
- Garage - This may be difficult if you are storing items from your de-cluttering project (#1). Sweep or wash floor before you begin your packing. Fix damaged/broken garage doors, hinges and automatic openers. Find all of the remote opener controls and keys.
- Carpet and Flooring - If possible, have your carpets professionally cleaned. Repair any loose or damaged thresholds between rooms. If you have laminate flooring, check for loose fitting planks and missing trim pieces. Hardwood can be resurfaced if needed or just waxed to a bright shine. Replace cracked ceramic, travertine or stone floor tiles.
- Exterior - Check the exterior paint on walls, doors and trim. Repair stucco, replace damaged trim and repaint as needed. If you can't repaint the whole house, just try the trim or only the front door. Install new, shiny address numbers. All landscaping should be immaculate - it shows pride of ownership. Trim hedges, trees, grass or hire a service for a month to keep the lawn and garden looking great. Fresh, colorful flowers, especially at the front entry are wonderful. Clean built in bar-b-ques or neatly stow/cover portable units.
- Roof - I'm always surprised when home owners don't realize the condition of their roof. Check to find the age of the roof and acknowledge any repairs. Look for loose tiles, shingles, etc. A buyer may call for an inspection at their own expense. Better to know ahead of time what the roof condition is and not be caught off-guard with a demand/request to fix a roof.
- Termite Inspection - California is termite heaven. EVERY house has termites! All financial institutions will demand a clear termite report before a new loan is funded and the home owner usually pays for the repairs. Again, better to know ahead of time. Many home owners are ordering the termite inspection and having the report available to serious buyers.
Friday, January 4, 2013
Mission Viejo Homes can Recycling Electronic at Saddleback College
Start your Spring cleaning now!
Do you have old, unused electronics clogging up the back of your closets? Are your crawl spaces loaded with unwanted, out-of-date computers? Is that giant screen TV just collecting dust because it hasn't worked in years?
Recycle this old stuff this Saturday, January 5, 2013, at Saddleback College Parking Lot #1 from 10am-3pm.
Do you have computers, keyboards, mice (not the live ones!), speakers, hard drives, discs and diskettes? How about cell phones, pagers, PDAs? Any TVs, DVDs, VCRs, stereos radios or cameras? Fax machines, photo copiers, scanners or telephones? Bring them all to Saddleback College on Saturday.
Clean out your Mission Viejo home today and make a fresh start in 2013.
CENTURY 21 Award
Tuesday, July 3, 2012
South Orange County Fireworks 2012 - July 4th Fireworks shows in South Orange County
Are you ready to celebrate Independence Day? This is my favorite holiday of the year...warm weather, great food on the bar-b-que, gathering with friends and watching the sky explode in color from the fireworks extravaganzas throughout the area.
This year we will be fortunate to see 4 or 5 fireworks shows from the comfort of a friends back yard. All the visual excitement without the parking hassles of being onsite. I know it's not quite the same as having your face blasted with the color bombs but it's still a great night.
Check these locations for South Orange County Fourth of July Fireworks shows in the various cities. Most shows start at 9:00pm, but check with the venue website to verify for yourself.
Aliso Viejo - July 4th Celebration and Fireworks - Grand Park
4th of July Fireworks Extravaganza at the Dana Point Harbor Doheny State Beach & Harbor Area
28th Annual Concert on the Green and Firework Festival Irvine High School Stadium
4th of July Summer Concert and Fireworks Crown Valley Community Park Amphitheatre
Annual Street Faire and Fireworks Spectacular Lake Mission Viejo
Rancho Santa Margarita July 4th Star Spangled Spectacular Lago Santa Margarita Beach Club (residents and guests only)
4th of July fireworks show at the San Clemente Pier
San Juan Capistrano
4th of July Celebration at San Juan Capistrano Sports Park
If you are ready to brave the crowds, DISNEYLAND (9:30pm) and KNOTT'S BERRY FARM (10pm) also have fireworks shows which are best viewed from inside the park with paid admission.
There may be a fee to attend some of these events. Please check in advance about entrance fees and parking fees. This site does not guarantee that these events will not be canceled. Check with the individual event organizers to confirm times and locations.
For additional Independence Day fireworks shows and events throughout the county, visit KABC-TV. Have safe 4th and enjoy South Orange County Fireworks 2012 - July 4th Fireworks shows in South Orange County.
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
Lake Forest Condo For Sale $219,900
Take a peak at this quick video of a good deal on a condo in Lake Forest, CA. Located close to all of the community ammenities and transportation, this condo is a Fannie Mae / HomePath property that can be purchased with 3% down, no monthly mortgage insurance and no appraisal fee.
Thanks for viewing this video about a condo for sale in Lake Forest, CA. My name is John Alesi, a REALTOR with Century 21 Award, the #1 franchise in the system selling homes and condos in Lake Forest, CA
This video contains information about a condo for sale in Lake Forest, CA
22708 Madrid Dr, Lake Forest, CA 92630
3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1033 sq. ft.
Spacious lower level, single story Lake Forest condo. 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths with detached one car garage. New interior paint, new carpet, and new appliances. Large living room. In-unit laundry closet, charming patio off dining area. Well maintained grounds with pool, spa, and lots of guest parking.
This is a Fannie Mae HomePath property and can be purchased with as little a s 3% down payment, no mortgage insurance and no appraisal fee. Listing courtesy of Vernazza Realty Inc – Meredith Lancona
This Lake Forest condo qualifies for FHA, Fannie Mae and conventional financing or cash.
For information about this condo in Lake Forest, contact:
CENTURY 21 Award
22342 Avenida Empresa, Suite 150
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688
To view listing information about this property in Lake Forest, CA click this link:
To view all houses and condos for sale in Lake Forest, CA click this link:
To search for condos and homes in Orange County, CA click this link:
If you are considering buying or selling a home in Lake Forest, CA or in other cities in Orange County, contact at me for a no cost consultation.
Thursday, May 24, 2012
This event runs Friday, May 25 6:00-9:00 and Saturday, May 26 from 11:00-9:00 in Rancho Santa Margarita.
- Live Music Entertainment
- Performances by Community Schools and Local Groups
- Kids and Adult Fun Zone
- Inflatable Obstacle Courses and Games
- Rock Climbing
- Beer and Wine Garden
- Food Booths Galore
- Shopping From Local Vendors
- And MORE!...